For more details about our recruitment agency see Recruitment in Kenya
JOB DESCRIPTION – AREA MANAGER
There is a job vacancy to be filled urgently for the position of Area Manager.
We are part of a group of companies doing diverse businesses and this position is for the Construction, Machinery & Supplies division. The successful candidate will also be expected to be the overall in charge of our regional office based in Eldoret.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following capabilities:
- Construction Management experience in a contract management or senior project management role.
- Business management experience gained in a construction or engineering company.
- Business development experience.
- Good experience and familiarity with contract tender process and preparation of tender documentation
- Ability to manage, supervise and run an office with several teams as direct reports
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Capability to oversee projects from the start through to completion.
- Ensuring that contract work is completed on time and within its budget. Planning projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver without delays
- Ability to work on a wide variety of projects, from real developments to roads & other civil works.
- Ability to manage client expectations.
- Negotiating sub-contract orders and monitoring sub-contractors, planning critical dates, or organising labour. Ensure correct commercial engagement of subcontractors
- responsible for agreeing extra work to be done on a contract
- Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
- Financial monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained and the Company’s procedures and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays
- helping to resolve any disputes which come up
- Identifying areas for improvement in the company’s contracting processes.
- on site experience and have a good understanding of the realities of life on site
- Being able to be split between the office and being on site. Role will include making regular client visits.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the contracting process, and technical building requirements
- Excellent commercial sense.
- A team player – but also able to use your own initiative and make independent decisions. ability to base decisions on fact and evidence
- Well-organised, pays attention to detail and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Highly numerate and excellent IT skills.
- Evidence of project management experience
- Candidates who demonstrate ability to and a track record of multi-tasking will be highly preferred
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in all social network by clicking on share button below.