For more details about our recruitment agency see Recruitment in Kenya
On behalf of our client we are seeking an experienced project manager for new building construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for overall construction of interior projects assigned. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the Site Superintendent, Estimator, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. This is individual will work closely with the prime consultant for a project and fulfill an integral role on the project.
Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Assist estimator in preparation of project budget.
- Prepare the general conditions budget.
- Assist in assembling the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team /client as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings.
- Inform the Consultant/Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Expedite all CNN & CO (change order) costs. Maintain current CO logs.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultant and client including final holdbacks.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of VANDYK’s directly owned equipment on the job site in conjunction with site staff.
- Control and monitor labor, material and equipment expenses.
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ensure that “as – built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period and issue final close-outs to consultant/owner accordingly.
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Minimum 5Years experience as a Project Manager on new-building commercial and industrial projects.
- College or university degree in a construction related field.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in all social network by clicking on share button below.