Assistant Brand Executive
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
This role is an entry level role into the CEWA Marketing function with a strong focus on developing the job holder for a Junior Brand Manager role in the MU in 12 to 18months. While reporting into the Marketing Director disciplinarily, the role works closely with the CEWA Brand Managers for support in the implementation of annual marketing plans as well as taking responsibility for the development of smaller categories in the CEWA portfolio with a focus on Face, Men, Shower and Lip. Specific elements of the through-the-line communication matrix of key campaigns for our client brand for Body and Deo will be assigned to the Marketing Associate continuously in the course of the year.
Broad objectives of the role are:
- To assure the long term growth of our client through the continuous development of its brands in line with the Company’s brand strategies
- To contribute to the achievement of Net Sales, Market Shares and Brand Equity objectives through the implementation of the annual marketing plan across specific brand responsibilities
- To develop strong competencies in Brand Management and Shopper Marketing the Client way.
- Principal Brand Accountabilities/Main Brand Functions:
2.1. Annual Marketing Plan
- Provide input for the development of the annual Marketing Plan as per PMP and ABP requirements (including category developments, product performance, pricing analysis, and competitor analysis)
- Propose brand activity and measurable objectives in line with the CEWA Brand investment strategy and available budgets
- Support Brand Managers and S&CM teams in the development of detailed category and competitor reviews, communication and promotional plans, brand activations, as well as launch execution of NPDs
- Monitor brand performance and implement approved changes to the activity plans throughout the year
2.2. Consumer Understanding & Insights
- Critically observe consumers and shoppers. Develop an understanding of them through regular direct contact and research, understanding their environment, habits, attitudes
- Work with Brand Team and agencies to implement approved consumer research based on business knowledge gaps and requirements
- Master the in-touch process and its application in innovation and communication development
2.3. New Product Development (including Regional IIM)
- Work with Brand managers, Sales and S&CM in order to develop and present all launch/re-launch campaigns at monthly S&OP meetings to ensure buy-in
- Follow the Launch/Re-launch SOP in order to achieve fast, efficient launches to market
- Be the lead marketing person for coordinating with local regulatory teams on all documentation required for product registration in Ghana, Nigeria, Sudan and any other markets with such requirements.
- Provide launch tracking & reporting for NPDs in the assigned categories.
2.4. Marketing Communications Development
- Build knowledge and understanding of the media landscape in key countries via proactive engagement with Brand Managers and media agencies for all media campaigns in key countries
- Support Brand Managers in working with Creative Agency in the development and execution of appropriate local marketing communications activities in line with the international strategy, making use of international material and local production where required.
- Gain an understanding of Digital Media and work with CEWA Digital Manager and Digital Agency to implement tactical digital campaigns as approved in Game Plans.
- Support Brand Managers in the development and execution of all consumer BTL initiatives per the CEWA
Work with S&CM teams in the planning and execution of trade activations for key initiatives
2.5. Brand Performance
- Monitor the development of Net Sales and Market Shares in line with the Annual Marketing Plan via monthly performance analysis & reporting
- Analysis of market data (Data Orbis and Nielsen when available), identification of key issues and opportunities & provision of recommendations for appropriate corrective action
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Demand /Supply and Customer Services (if needed) to ensure the timely and continuous supply of product to the market place via effective input in monthly S&OP.
- Work with Supply/demand in order to achieve forecast accuracy targets for assigned categories
2.6. Input into Customer Marketing Plan
- Ensure Sales team are fully briefed of brand plans and provide regular updates via the S&OP and Commercial review meetings
- Influence and agree the customer marketing activities with Sales and S&CM to achieve the agreed Customer Marketing Plan in line with promotional strategy
- Understand what motivates our customers, the role of Sales and interaction with them
- Support the design and production of VAP’s/bundle packs
2.7. International Exchange
- Gain an understanding of the wider Near East Region and further develop marketing competence through short term assignments and market visits to be agreed in development plan.
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in all social network by clicking on share button below.