For more details about our recruitment agency see Recruitment in Kenya
Career Options limited is a leading recruitment and executive search agency in Kenya. We offer the best Headhunting services for top talent in the region to multinational companies and local business power houses.
Payables Controller East Africa
Vendor ledger management
Stake holder management
Tax Administration (VAT, WHT, WH VAT)
Period closing and accruals
Account Payable Management
- Leads and ensures an effective, efficient and accurate Account Payable process and administration as per the most updated process manual
- Overdue items of vendors are eliminated/minimized through effective follow-up.
- Enforce to the Vendors the requirement to record PO on invoices.
- Reduce to the minimum possible the payments that are done without pre-issued POs
- Supports Genpact to ensure correct recording of the Account Payables
- Ensures Genpact does the required and correct Vendors reconciliations
- Ensure that bank clearing is properly and completely done at all times especially at month-end.
- Vendors invoices must be fully cleared when payments are done especially where WHT Or WH VAT have been applied.
- All payments to be done via F110 or F-53 and any deviation there-of to be documented and approval sought.
- Payment runs kept to once a week and eliminate paper movement once the F110 payment process has begun.
- Ensure that the accounting health checker is at green for payables and GRIR every month.
- Supports in capturing and posting travel claims and the clearing of the respective accounts via the Travel & Expense process.
- Keeping vendors updated on their payments status and ensure statements to the vendors are sent monthly by Genpact once the F110 process is working properly.
- Issue WHT Certificates to non-resident vendors who would not automatically get these documents from KRA system.
- Lead the monthly review call with Genpact
Period close support
- Supports in the period close process, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate and Regional Deadlines.
- Supporting external and internal audits in their scope of work.
- Calculation, preparation and payment of VAT, WHT, WH VAT, Excise tax and Duty on Royalties in a timely manner.
- Maintains and manages the archives of key financial and Tax related documents.
- Ensure that Instalment and Final taxes are paid by the due dates.
- Handle KRA queries that relate to the above taxes.
.Petty cash Administration
- Maintain the petty cash float ensuring replenishment and proper supporting for all expenses
- Ensure that petty cash advance requisition is properly done and recorded in SAP and that staff accounts are updated at all times with the transactions done with the each staff and the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business Degree from a reputable University, CPA(K)
- Minimum of 2 year experience in Payables Accounting
- Great understanding of statutory tax calendar, Understanding of the various Business taxes, Well organized with good attention to detail, Team player, Able to work autonomously, Ability to work cross-functionally, Good communication skills, Innovative and efficient. Excellent excel skills, Bold and firm, Result-oriented
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in your network.