For more details about our recruitment agency see Recruitment in Kenya
Admin Assistant – Kenyans Only Position based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Admin Assistant will provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the Vice President and a Director.
• Support the VP and Director in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day today
• Arranges travel bookings, hotel, transportation, visas and coordinates with any external
parties as required for the same, including travel agents, hotels, transport services.
• Facilitate visitor’s visa letters and requirements including weekly updating of
International Visitors folder on the Portal.
• Organizes local and international workshops, conferences and meetings and provides
support to international visitors.
• Coordinates meeting and conference schedules, venues, teleconference, presentation
equipment, and other meeting requirements including food/refreshment.
• Prepare expenses form and ensure all the information is correct. Arrange payments of
any expenses incurred by the VP and Director promptly and in due time.
• Collect and distribute all incoming and outcoming correspondence. In absence of the
VP/Director he/she must ensure all urgent correspondence or inquiries are either dealt
with or forwarded to VP and Director.
• File all the documents concerning visitors’ personal data and the details of their visits in order to provide the necessary information when required
• Prepare agendas, briefings, and preparation materials for meetings, appointments, and
events; work closely with other Leadership Team members to gather agenda items,
briefing notes, and other materials, as needed. Distribute meeting materials in advance
• Prepare and print materials and presentations; coordinate with external event organizers with logistics, and communicate needs on behalf of VP and her Leadership Team.
• Collects, Compiles and Organizes Presentation and Meeting Materials for the VP.
Monitor tasks delegated by the VP to ensure that completed work is achieved to agreed
• Building and managing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Work closely with support and professional functional heads
• Place an order for stationery goods through corporate supplier, make sure
goods are delivered in time.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Administration or related field
• 3-4 years of experience supporting Senior Executives preferred
• Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• International experience is an added advantage
• Experience and comfort working with multiple platforms of communication technology.
i.e.Tele-conferencing , Video-conferencing , Skype for Business etc
• Willingness to maintain flexibility in job function in an ever-changing environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to
interface with all levels of management as well as external stakeholders.
• A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and data management
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and co-ordinate the input of others in
• Highly adaptable with the ability to manage change.
• Ability to work effectively with a range of partners and stakeholders.
• The ability to work in a discreet manner, maintaining confidentiality.
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in your network.