For more details about our recruitment agency see Recruitment in Kenya
Job Title: Accounting Controller East Africa
Reporting to: MU SC Controller & EA Accounting Manager
Credit Controlling and customer ledger management
Financial Accounting and Reporting.
Treasury and cash flow reporting
Assets and insurance management
Period closing and GL controlling
Credit Control and Customer ledger Management
- Responsible for the implementation of the Company’s credit policy.
- Ensure that credit limits are reviewed quarterly and the same updated in SAP
- Enforce timely collection of money due from customers.
- Accurately allocate payments to customer invoices
- Ensure all approved credit notes are promptly passed into the customer accounts.
- Provide customer statements at least monthly and when else required.
- Provide reconciliations where these are needed to enable collection.
- Resolve reconciliation items within the shortest time possible-ideally within 30days.
- Quarterly calculate the provision and adjust the bad debt provision as per policy.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Preparation of annual financial accounts.
- Coordinate the external audit with internal team members.
- Annual Income Tax Calculation-in liaison with external tax advisor
- Ensure that income tax instalment tax and balance of tax are paid timely.
- Ensure that external accounting service provider input of balance sheet and Statement of Income into Corporate Information system (CIS) is in line with SAP and that all this is done within deadlines.
Treasury & Cash Flow reporting
- Monthly submission of cash reports to corporate treasury via TIS,
- Monthly update of the internal cash flow template
- Monthly preparation of bank account reconciliation
- At least Bi monthly transferring of money held in banks other than Citibank, to Citibank
- Run the company petty cash transactions as per policy.
Ensure travel advances and credit card expenses are accounted for.
Fixed Asset Management & Insurance
- Work with procurement to ensure timely enactment of General insurance contract for each year
- Constantly follow up for all insurance claims till paid.
- Annually, ensure the insurance values given at contract enactment are counter-checked for accuracy before submitting to insurance company for a quote.
- The custodian of company car log books and spare keys
- Maintain the Asset Schedule and ensure the same reflects reality.
- At month end close ensure the depreciation run is done correctly and that the profit or loss on disposal is correctly reflected in the Loss/profit on asset disposal GL
- Proper recording of receipts on asset disposal.
- Once every 3 years carry out an asset inventory count to establish the existence of all assets.
Period Close Leadership
- Track the closing calendar to ensure that events happen in the sequence agreed with Genpact
- Align the closing calendar with Genpact where changes dictate so.
- Coordinate with all involved to communicate to Genpact once scheduled tasks are complete.
- At every month close, calculate and post the duty on royalties entry and ensure that the same is paid quarterly by the 20th of the month.
- Monthly Post the Royalties accrual and quarterly replace this with the actual debit note from Hamburg and ensure the intercompany balance reconciles quarterly. Ensure as well to remit the Royalty amounts quarterly and take into account the WHT.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Business Degree from a reputable University
CPA(K), Minimum of 5 year experience in Financial Accounting
Great understanding of statutory accounts and statutory calendar
Understanding of the various Business taxes
Well organized with good attention to detail
Team player, Able to work autonomously, Ability to work cross-functionally, Good communication skills, Innovative and efficient, Excellent excel and PowerPoint, Bold and firm, Result-oriented.
Internal: All staff and departments, Germany HQ Treasury
External: Customers, Banks, Insurance companies, Auditors, KRA, Company Secretary,3rd Party Accounting services provider.
If you meet the above requirement you can send your detailed cv in word or pdf format to our email address provided below
Not interested but you have a suitable candidate in mind? We will appreciate if you refer a good candidate. Please share this opportunity with potential candidates in your network.